Skip to content
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Important Battles in Indian History Gk Questions
- Battle of Haldighati – 1576D- Akbar’s forces headed by Raja Man Singh and Asaf Khan defeated Rana Pratap. Rana Pratap refused to surrender to the Mughal Power.
- Battle of Karnal – 1739D- Nadir Shah defeated Mohd. Shah
- Battle of Plassey – 1757D- Lord Clive defeated Siraj-ud-Daula.
- Battle of Wandiwash – 1760D- The English forces defeated the French forces.
- Third Battle of Panipat – 1761D- Ahmed Shah Abdali defeated the Marathas.
- Battle of Buxar – 1764D- The English forces defeated the alliance of Nawab Mir Qasim of Bengal, Nawab Shuja-ud-daula of Awadh and Mughal Emperor Shah Alam II.
- First Anglo Mysore War – (1767-69D.)– Hyder Ali defeated the English forces.
- Second Anglo Mysore War – (1780-84D.)– Hyder Ali died in the battle (1782) and subsequently led by his son Tipu Sultan. The war concluded with the Treaty of Mangalore (1784).
- Third Anglo Mysore War – (1789-92D.)– The English forces defeated Tipu Sultan. Treaty of Srirangapatnam was signed.
- Fourth Anglo Mysore War – 1799D- Tipu Sultan was defeated and killed by the English forces.
- Battle of Hydaspeas – 326C- Alexander defeated Porus.
- Kalinga War – 261C- Ashoka defeated Kalinga.
- First Battle of Tarain – 1191D- Prithvi Raj Chauhan defeated Mohammed Ghori.
- Second Battle of Tarain – 1192D- Mohammad Ghori defeated Prithvi Raj Chauhan.
- Battle of Chandawar – 1193 or 1194– Muhammad Ghori defeated Jaichandra Gaharwar.
- First Battle of Panipat – 1526D- Babar defeated Ibrahim Lodi.
- Battle of Khanwa – 1527D- Babar defeated Rana Sanga.
- Battle of Ghaghra – 1529D- Babar defeated Mahmud Lodhi and Sultan Nusrat Shah.
- Battle of Chausa – 1539D- Sher Shah Suri (Sher Khan) defeated Humayun.
- Battle of Kannauj (or Bilgram) – 1540D- Sher Shah Suri (Sher Khan) defeated Humayun.
- Second Battle of Panipat – 1556D- Bairam Khan (representing Mughal Emperor Akbar) defeated Hemu.
- Battle of Talikota – 1565 D- Ahmednagar, Bijapur, Golkonda and Bidar formed alliance and defeated the Vijaynagar empire.